Stepping Up: New front end for AE86

Here’s the new vs old comparison. It’s amazing just how much chunkier and stronger all the Techno Toy Tuning stuff is! Note the shortened length of the new LCAs vs the old Sigma ones. I decided to cut back on the negative camber to try and get more tyre on the road to enhance my turn-in.

LCAs, tension rods & knuckles fitted.

Tie rods & knuckles. Looking at this now I think the tie rod might be upside down. Eh, I’ll fix it later.

This is the lock offered by the new knuckles. I will play with it though, I think I might actually be able to get a bit more…

While I’m at it, here’s the new gearknob and the gauge holder I made. All coming together slowly but surely.

This week I need to get the front end roughly aligned so it can be driven to the wheel aligner for a proper alignment (the first since I’ve owned it!), and we also have to sort out the busted water pump bolt in the block, fit the water pump, belt and radiator, then fire it up. Fingers crossed it all goes well.

Comments
  1. T-pot says:

    This thing is already epic!! You have only had it not even 12months!! good work!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s